Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Great Review On Amazon!

Just had a great five-star review for Nightfall posted on Amazon. Brilliant. The reviewer is Lizzie Hayes and she clearly got the book. Her review made my day!

Here it is:

I was completely and utterly gripped, 25 April 2010

By Lizzie Hayes "Lizzie" (Leicestershire) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Nightfall: v. 1 (Paperback)

This book is advertised as a `supernatural thriller, but if you, like me, have no empathy with the supernatural, don't let this put you off. Many years ago in the 1970's I had a flat in a house that is mentioned in the doomsday book. It was/is the real thing. Having been standing for more than 700 years it must have seen much between its walls. The lady living in the flat upstairs claimed to see the ghost of a nun, and sometimes when I was sitting in her flat she would say `feel that cold wind blowing through - that's her!' I never felt anything, then or since. But even as a non-believer this is a great thriller.

When Jack nightingale of the police armed response unit, fails to save a nine-year-old child, and then confronts the child's father who dies in mysterious circumstances, it effects Jack profoundly. So much so that Jack resigns from the police force.

Two years later Jack is working as a private Investigator - his work, mainly divorce stuff, following the husband or the wife to see who is being unfaithful to whom. Then out of the blue Jack learns that he has inherited a house from his father - as Jack's father has been dead for some years this comes as a shock. Whilst Jack is coming to terms with this knowledge, people around him start dying, their death prefaced with the words, `You're going to hell Jack Nightingale'. Then Jack learns from a DVD found at the house that his biological father had sold his soul to the devil before he was born, and that on his thirty third birthday, just three weeks hence, his soul is forfeit.

As previously mentioned I don't believe in the supernatural, but such was the power of the story telling that I was completely and utterly gripped - I could not put this book down. It is said to be the start of a series and I will be reading the next book, in fact I am avidly awaiting it. Highly recommended.
-----

No comments: