Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Lucky Day!

I should hit 80,000 words on the new book today, which I now think of as Dark Justice. I am sort of having a race with my friend Anthony Horowitz, who is also due to hand in a book soon. He's on 73,607 words and seems to be writing much faster than I am! Anthony's books tend to be a bit shorter than mine, he's aiming for 90,000 words whereas my last three books have all come in at 135,000! I think Dark Justice will probably end up at between 115,000 and 120,000 so I have a fair way to go!

I'v been offered more money again. I think this one is a Nigerian scam. Sadly I am too busy to reply to him!

Dear Friend,

I discovered a dormant account in my office, as Group finance director of a Bank.
It will be in my interest to transfer this fund worth fourteen million five hundred thousand United state dollars. ($14,500,000) in an account offshore.
If you can be a collaborator/partner to this please indicate interest Immediately for us to proceed.

Remember this is absolutel Confidential, as I am seeking your assistance as the beneficiary of This unclaimed fund.
Since we are not allowed to operate a foreign Account, Your contact phone numbers and name will be necessary for this.
I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will not Disappoint me.
We shall share the fund on the bases of 60%-40% at the end of the deal,respond through my secretary e-mail (jamesuche101@gmail.com)

My Regards,
Joseph Sanusi.

2 comments:

Jack Stonecipher said...

Have you ever had any feedback from your exposes of these scams? I would be very happy to find out that some people have gone to jail or had to shut down, or something else dire. It is funny that they don't know how much exposure they have opened themselves up to by sending something to you. Remind me never to reveal any secrets to you, LOL.

Stephen Leather said...

Yeah, often I start emailing them for more information. I do get a lot of hits on the blog from people Googling names of scammers so putting them on-line does actually provide a service! I am amazed that people still fall for these scams, but they do!