Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Lucky Week

It’s been my lucky week. People just keep on wanting to give me money! Today I got the following email:


From: Mr. Douglas Amoo.
Plot No.7-Flat 4 Kweku Innocent Crescent,
Labadi district
Accra - Ghana.

{HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL}
(RE: TRANSFER OF ($ 42,000.000.00 USD}
{FOURTY MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS)

We want to transfer to overseas ($ 42,000.000.00 USD) from a prime bank here in Ghana, I want to ask you to quietly look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c can serve to receive this money, as long as you will remain honest to me till the end of this important business trusting in you and believing in God that you will never let me down either now or in future.

I am Mr.Douglas Amoo, Director of International Relation with a bank here in Ghana,during the course of our auditing I discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the bank in 2001 and since 2002 nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [heir] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing.

The owner of this account is Mr.Louis Kennedy , a foreigner, and a sailor, and he died since 2002. and no other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it, the account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that Late Mr.Louis Kennedy was the manager of K.Louis.(Gh). LTD.

We will start the first transfer with Twelve Million USD [$12,000.000.00] upon successful transaction without any disappoint from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining amount to your account,The amount involved is (USD 42M) I want to first transfer $12,000.000 [Twelve Million million United States Dollar from this money into a safe foreigners account abroad before the rest, but I don't know any foreigner in my life, I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a local person here, without valid international foreign passport, but can only be approved to any foreigner with valid international passport or drivers license and foreign a/c because the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the a/c Mr.Louis Kennedy was a foreigner too, [and the money can only be approved into a foreign a/c.

Arrange your A/c and send it to me as follows for the processing of the payment:

1]A/C NUMBER:...............
2]A/C NAME:...................
3]BANK NAME:.................
4]BANK ADDRESS:..............
5]SWIFT CODE:..................


I got your contact address from my secretary who operates computer and I am revealing this to you with believe in God that you will never let me down in this business, you are the first and the only person that I am contacting for this business,so please reply urgently so that I will inform you the next step to take.Send also your private telephone and fax number including the full details of the account to be used for the deposit as started above.

I need your full co-operation to make this work fine.because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you, upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with instruction of a key bank official who is helping us in this business.

I need your strong assurance that you will never let me down,With the influence and the position of the key bank official we can transfer this money to any foreigner's reliable account which you can provide with assurance that this money will be intact pending our physical arrival in your country for sharing. The bank official will destroy all documents of transaction immediately we receive this money leaving to no trace to any place and to build confidence, you can come immediately to discuss with me face to face after which I will make this remittance in your presence and three of us will fly to your country at least two days ahead of the money going into the account.

I will apply for annual leave to get visa immediately I hear from you that you are ready to act and receive this fund in your account.I will apply for the legal approvals for onward transfer of this money to your account with appropriate clearance from the relevant ministries and Foreign Exchange Departments. At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 30% of the total amount, 60% will be for me,5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring and 5% will be for orphanage homes.

I look forward to hear from you as soon as possible if you are interested.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Douglas Amoo.



And, what are the odds, I got this email too:


This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of £800,000 (Eight Hundred Thousand (British Pounds) held on the 17th of March,2009 in LONDON UK.The Selection was carried out through a Computer Random Selection System and your email address came out as one of the Three Lucky WINNERS.

Contact our fiduciary agent for claims with:

Agents Name: Mr.James Brown
Email:fiduciary.mr.jamesbrown@live.com

Fill the below:
1. Name:
2. Address
3. Marital Status:
4. Occupation:
5. Age:
6. Sex:
7. Nationality:
8. Country of Residence:
9. Telephone Number:

Congratulation!!
Sincerely,
Mrs.Anna Marthin.
U.K ONLINE LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL



I can’t believe my luck! It comes hard on the heels of some fascinating correspondence with a Mrs Maria James in South Africa, who also wanted to give me money! This was her first email to me:


From: Mrs. Maria
James Tsvangirai
241 Sidney Ave
Waterkloof, Pretoria
South Africa
Email:(mrsmariajames@hotmail.com )
Phone: Tel: +27782075328

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Mrs. Maria James Tsvangirai, from Zimbabwe Southern Africa .
I am the wife of Late James Tsvangirai, owner UZZI farm Ltd and a brother to MDC Party Leader Mr. Morgan Tsvangirai, affected by President Mugabe's land reform acts which is depriving us of rights in all facets.
I have $12.5Million dollars which I will like to invest for my children Miss Agnes and Mr. Mack with your firm /company since I am not business inclined following the loss of my husband.

If you are interested do get back to me for more information or call my son Mack on (+27782075328) you can also contact me by replying this mail or through my private email: (mrsmariajames@hotmail.com)
You may wish to read about the problems in Zimbabwe my country through the following links clearing any doubt in my proposition and to ascertain my reasons of contacting you and the situation we are in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/918781.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/715001.stm
http://news.bbc.co .uk/1/hi/world/africa/1063785.stm
& nbsp;

Waiting for your urgent response
Yours truly
Mrs. Maria James Sangria
(For the Family)



That sounded like a great deal so I wrote to Maria asking for her to send me a cheque. Bless her, she wrote back:


Dear Stephen Leather,

I received your mail with thanks and due believe that God has sent a helping hand to assist me to transfer this fund out of South Africa to your country for an investment purpose, also i agree to invest this fund in your company since i have not been involve in any transaction of business before so i prefer to invest my own share in your company with you together.

Also i will like to come over to your country for the investment of this fund as soon as the fund is transferred to your account because my attorney has promised to obtain all my travel documents ready as soon as this fund is transferred out of South Africa to enable me move out of the country for the investment purpose with my partner. Also with your help me and my kids will have an easy trip to your country as soon as you confirm the receipt of the fund in your account.

So now i have forwarded your information to my attorney so as to obtain all the necessary documents on your behalf as the beneficiary of this fund so that the bank will process for the direct transfer of this fund to your account.

Which i will like you to send down your full bank account information where this fund will be transferred to including the name of the bank, address of the bank, swift code/routing number, account number and account holder's name so that my attorney will forward it to the top bank officials for the immediate and direct transfer of this fund to your account.

So please i will be waiting to receive your bank account information so that my attorney will proceed immediately with the bank for the transfer.

Best Regard,
Mrs. Maria



There was no cheque so I asked her again, and back came the reply:


My Dear ,

Thank you for your reply to my mail. I am happy that you really want to assist me in this matter.

The only thing I am begging you is not to disappoint me when the money is transferred to your account. In other words, please ensure that my own part of the money is given to me when the money is transferred to your account.
Also, there will be the need for you to always keep this matter STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL as i do not want undue publicity about it.

There will also be the need for us to sign an agreement stating clearly our percentages. This is very important in other for us to conclude this transaction in a respectable and dignified manner. In the meantime, i shall tomorrow take the preliminary step of applying to the Ministry of Finance for the transfer of the fund to your account outside South Africa.

This i will do while waiting for your response and your arrangement about the account where the money shall be transferred to. In other words, please do send me URGENTLY your account/bank information where the money shall be transferred into. This is very urgent. Also, do send me a copy of your international passport as it will enable me process the transfer.

The assurance i am giving you is that this transaction is 100% risk-free, as such, you do not have anything to be afraid of.

Finally, i shall be happy if in your reply you include your direct telephone number for easy communication.
Treat as very urgent.

Regards,
Maria



Still no cheque, so I thought it might be interesting to see what she looks like, so I asked her for a photograph so that I could see who I was dealing with. I got the following email:


Dear stephen,

This is my refugee permit document attached herein and also please kindly forward down the information as you promise so as to proceed further.

I wait for your urgent reply.

Best Regard,
Mrs. Maria





That’s the story so far. Not sure what I should do next, because it looks as if she won’t send me a cheque!

I really shouldn’t waste my time playing with people like Maria.... if I invested as much time on my fiction writing I’d be half way through the new Spider Shepherd book, instead of only having 22,000 words done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen,

I like it best when people want to only take 10% of the money and give the rest to a charity, or orphanage in my country of my choosing!!

Just a quick note to thank you again for the book, and to say if there is anything you want from my shop in Australia please let me know. We have up to 100,000 books in our shop and not everything is listed, so please feel free to email me, as I would like to be able to pay you back.

Samurai25 said...

This is priceless! Always wanted to try this myself. Can't wait for the next installment! I wonder how many times you have to ask for a cheque before they don't respond

Anonymous said...

I have received many e-mails of the same nature. They are all scams to gain your bank details and clear out your account. My advice is have nothing more to do with this woman. good luck.
regards Derek A.Cairns.

Anonymous said...

I have also received the same emails on the same day.. i knew in an instant that they are scams because they are too good to be true..